Friday, October 27, 2006

Birthday Odyssey



Yes, once again, happy birthday Elisa! As some of you know – I didn't tell Henriikka for fear she might be unable to keep the secret – I surprised Elisa on her birthday with an unannounced visit. I arrived the day before at the airport and the plan was that Carmina would bring me to Elisa's flat. That was the plan. The reality was that Carmina forgot it was the day before her birthday. So she was already on the way home when she read a message from me saying that I would arrive late. Well, this was typical Carmina, but luckily she proved once more that she is very clever! She went back and told Elisa to go to the railway station, because they wanted to make a surprise for her. Then she wrote to me to meet Elisa there. It was a risky plan, but it worked out perfectly! I got into the railway station through a side entrance, saw Elisa, approached her from behind, then tipped on her shoulder and said "surprise"!



I can't tell you how surprised she was – she can do that herself. What I can say is that I spent the next day with her and her friends, eating a very unhealthy cake and making a siesta afterwards on the grass. It was a sunny, very warm autumn day that I enjoyed very much. It was a bit weird to lay on the grass at the University of Alicante, surrounded by seven beautiful Spanish girls, but an interesting experience nonetheless. They were all so nice to me and I miss all of them already!



In the evening, we had dinner with one of Elisa's friends and her flatmates! Of course we made 'Alba in the oven', the crêpes-gratin we had invented in Aberdeen.



The next day I was having Lunch with Carmina and Elisa. The weather was worse and I experienced the typical rain for Alicante – a few drops over about ten minutes.



Of course we also made a lot of pictures, like this one. In my opinion, it's the sexiest picture that I ever took of Elisa. When I look at it I think of Deburah, singing "she's a man-eater".



The same evening I went home. No, not exactly. When Elisa brought me to the airport, it was announced that my plane was one hour late. And because the Easy Jet people were really unorganised and made boarding extremely complicated, we started with a delay of almost two hours. I arrived in Basel, from where I wanted to take the train to Bern, shortly before midnight. Once at the railway station the last train had left already long ago, so that I had to sleep at a friend's place. I slept for 5 hours before getting up and taking the train to Bern, where I had a lesson at 10 o'clock. I was 48 hours in Spain and 22 on the way, but it was worth it!

5 comments:

Eli "Hey PEOPLE!!!" said...

wow...

I can't believe that you did so many security things...2 strange guys were taken out of the plane...I can't believe, this looks like a film! Now You have a real reason to be scared, although I should't say that...

I'm impressed, Elisa should be crying right now, that's a friend!! my god, you are so great!!

Kisses culito gordo!

Henriikka said...

WOw, you are so good at suprises!
I can imagine Elisa's face when she saw you..I already said million times that Spain looks nice, but I would given anything to be there and had siesta lying in grass..Hey What is that last building? Deb wants you to know she thinks you are a nerd for going to a reunion, but I can't see the connection =/ so I will try to make my blog reeel sooon, just for you.

Anonymous said...

Well, Eli, in fact I deceived him because I didn't shout or cry or jump, but I couldn't do it. I could only think of how nice he was, of how crazy he was and of how lucky I was to have him as a friend. And it was so weird to have him there. I suddenly had so many things in my mind that I couldn't even remember where I put the ticket of the car park and I had to tell the woman in charge who helped me searching so we finally managed to get out...

Henriikka, I'm sure you're right about my face, but just in case I'll repeat it when I see you so you can check...

Lukas, you're the best. And even better than that. THANKS! I don't deserve a friend like you, really.

I'm so sorry that you missed the train. At least you have friends in Basel and you arrived home safe and save, but still it's a big putada.

Un besazo,
Elisa

Anonymous said...

By the way, that picture is not sexy at all if you know what I was thinking -bad words I won't write here.
The last building is the building of International Relationships, at my University, where you can arrange linguistic exchanges with foreig people or sign up for language courses. In the past it was a military building, the operations room of the military base the university was built over. Paura! It's not half as beautiful during the day, but it actually looks nice at night... Lukas' camera, probably.

karuchan said...

Hey Lukas!! I have to say SORRY! again for being so forgetful O_O!!!! But anyway I'm so glad that everything turned out right, even if I'm a disaster, the surprise was a success, that's the important thing isn't it? hehehe...