
Although I am finally busy with University too, I found time to work for my mother. She is a part-time therapist for handicapped children, but the rest of the week she is sculpturing with clay, making both dishes and artistic sculptures. She owns a workshop where she is doing her own work, and a small house right next to it where she is giving courses in sculpturing.

This is her and me having lunch. It was a beautiful autumn day, just warm enough to work in t-shirts. My job was simply to dig a big whole for stone path behind the workshop. In the end of the day, it looked like this.

It doesn't look like much, does it? Well, it was! The earth was very wet and full of stones and because I love animals (well, there are exceptions, like mosquitoes) I took care not to cut too many worms in half. My hands were almost bleeding in the end of the day, but I was happy to have worked physically again after weeks of laziness.

These are the atelier and the course house. They are very nicely situated, next to a little river in a very quiet place with farms and forests around it. The place is getting more and more beautiful as my mother is always doing something improve the sight of the place.

This is the window to the room where the sculptures are stored. I will make another post of some of her best sculptures soon. They are really beautiful and imaginative.

A note for Henriikka: I am sorry this blog is not very funny again. I will make a funny post soon – promise. I feel bad now, because the Queen of Blogging is visiting my blog and finds it below all her expectations. I need to see a psychiatrist now…
No comments:
Post a Comment