Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Nostalgia - Part I

As was to expect with all the stress I have at the moment, I became ill and am now at home, trying to get well. I made one mistake. I went to lay down and listend to the soundtrack of "Walk the Line", the music I had listend to during my first weeks in Aberdeen when I was ill too. Of course, a lot of memories came back, one of which was the night we went to see the film at the cinema - it took us one hour to go there and one to come back. I became very sad and got up to see some of the pictures I normally don't dare to look at because they make me so sad. Not because the memories are bad, but because they are so good. I have never had so many good moments in such a short time as during the first half of this year. That's why I thought I could share some of these moments with you.



Walking to the Ceilih (or however you write it) on a nice evening, with the first flowers in Seaton park blooming.



Lunch on the cliffs on the Orkneys. It was cold and wet, I became ill afterwards and could not go to the Shetlands, but it was a day I will remember forever, because with Melanie, Fabio and Elisa I had the best company I could think of.



For many reason, this moments could have been a horrible one. I knew I would see nothing for two more days because Ben stepped on my glasses, it was cold and wet, all the others were on a nice tour through the hills around Loch Lomond. Still, it was one of the best moments I had. Elisa offered to stay with me and I realised how great a friend I had won.



This is on the bus to St. Andrews. I decided to sit next to the funny and pretty Finish girl. We started to talk about what music we like (although I don't think Henriikka was very impressed by my taste) and about various other things. At the end of the day I knew yet another person whom I felt great sympathy for.



I have always regretted to have gone home to Switzerland in May and to have missed a whole week with you! The evening after I came back we had a great dinner (I made it, hehe) at Elisa's and Carmina's place. I was so happy and so sad at the same time, because I knew that in 10 days we would have to say goodbye.



While you were exploring the rather boring Stirling castle, the Malaisian girl and me decided to have a cup of coffee instead. We started joking and taking stupid pictures with the wooden spoons. I didn't know then that it would become a running gag that Deb and me would go for food and coffee while others increaded their history knowledge.



The first two weeks I was still feeling homesick. This changed when Carmina and Elisa came to cook dinner for Jonathan and me. It was the first of many dinners with the two amazing Spanish girls, the best Italian flatmate and me. Now they were home for me.

Well, whomever I have not mentioned here, don't worry, there will be a part two of this post. Of course I will make a declaration of love to all of you!

7 comments:

Eli "Hey PEOPLE!!!" said...

Nice post!

too many memories...impossible to remember all, that's why pictures are so usefull!!

I want to be in the 2nd part eh!! although i'm the one taking the pic where we were having dinner after u came back from switzerland!

kisses!

eGet well soon!

Anonymous said...

Hi Lukas!!
I've been advised of having a look to your blog, and at the same time I can
practise English as well.
I really like the pictures of Bern you have, I wish I could go there one day.
Remember that if you want to come to Alcoy or Reus (Tarragona)you are invited to my house whenever
you want, ok?

See you!!

Henriikka said...

Hi Lukas! I really wanted talked to you, but connection was rubbish today..it's a very nice post, but why do you always write so nice describtions about me, I feel obligated to come here and tell that they are all lies! I suddenly remember we were talking about R.E.M. in the bus, probably it was playing in the speakers..No really, I'm fine with everything you listen to..it's your life to ruin! I don't actually think your taste in music is all bad, you liked the cd I made for you=)
GET WELL SOON!!
Henkka

Lukas said...

Oh, thanks Henriikka! Just tell me, what are the lies in what I said? You are always telling me that I should take the compliments in other peoples blog seriously, so why can't you accept one?

We'll talk later don't worry!

Anonymous said...

You shouldn't do this. Now I'm so fucking sad. I miss those moments so much... I think I should be thankful to Jonathan for falling ill and also to Carmina for being such a nice friend and deciding to cook for him... Well, and also to myself for deciding that, even if I had not been invited, I could make an exception and come with her to have dinner...
I want to go back!

Anonymous said...

coffee and ciggies..that's me...when ever you smell tabacco's think of me and whenever you smell coffee think of me in the morning! hahah

karuchan said...

eres un cielo Lukasito ;) Thanks for making me remember everything!