Wednesday, September 06, 2006

A new Home



Moving into a new flat has its pleasures and hardships. What makes moving pretty easy is an elevator. Well, neither our old nor new flat had one, which meant that we had to carry all the furniture four floors down, then get them to the new place and carry them up once again four floors. "No way!" we thought, and hired two men and a moving-car – the cheapest we could find. They did a wonderful job and moved the heaviest furniture without any problem.



In the meantime, we were moving the little stuff in paper bags. We have A LOT of books and so we filled at least 100 bags, though not only with books but also with other stuff. We calculated that if one person would have to move all those bags, it would be as if one person would walk up to the 400th floor with two of them. Surprisingly, we managed to do it more or less. Regrettably, I broke a box of dishes – in the middle of the street, which was a bit embarrassing. But apart from that – Bello!



This is the right part of my new room. It took me three days to get everything into place and a lot of decoration needs still to be done. Nevertheless I am quite happy and comfy in my new room.



This is the left side of it with the TV corner. As we don't have a living room, we decided to put the TV in one room and have a small book corner in the other. The book corner looks like this:



As we also have a little corner in the corridor where we will put a dinner table and another bookshelf, I would optimistically say that we have three living rooms. There is no picture of the dinner room because we don't have the furniture yet, but I'll post a picture as soon as possible.



Last but not least: our kitchen. It's not too big but it has some nice old cupboards. We are planning to construct some nice furniture for the kitchen wall, as I need a lot of space for my cooking.



These two pictures are from yesterday, when I went to Neuchâtel, a very nice city in the French speaking part of Switzerland. I went there with a friend to watch a play ("Les Justes" by Camus) that two friends of mine, Laure and Paola, directed. They are studying drama with me and it was their first big play. I must say that it was even better than I expected.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice flat! A wee full, though. You should really move some stuff "to trash", so you can fit in... Anyway, be quick on tiding up, cause you have just one week left!! And then you'll be in Spain! Paura!
Elise

karuchan said...

I would have loved seeing you breaking plates in the middle of the street, so can you bring a pair of plates to Alicante and we'll break them, please?

;) nice house, see u soon!

Eli "Hey PEOPLE!!!" said...

Wow! that house looks great! the most imp thing is that is YOUR OWN house! I would live to leave my parents home right now...and be myself!

You are lucky!

hope everything will work out with sandra, and the new flat and everything, put everything in order and start cooking again!

Besitos culito bonito!

Eli