Saturday, August 26, 2006

A place called home II

Henriikka has been complaining about the fact that she is the only one who is updating her blog regularly. One the one hand, this is unfair because not everybody can spend the summer on demonstrations and concerts, but on the other hand she is right and that's why I decided to make a post – though not really about my life at the moment. I am going to show you where my parents live.



This is the house that I spent a very happy childhood in and where I still like to return to visit my father, who is living there. The house is very old – he inherited it from his grandmother who used to live here most part of her life. We had it renovated, but it still is an old house and that gives it a lot of character.



One special thing about this house is that it does not have a modern heating system – you need to burn wood to get it warm. This is a lot of work and in winter; you sometimes wake up and it is below 10° degrees, which makes showering really hard! But then you make a fire and it becomes very warm and cosy. I love it, really!



This is the living room with the big tiled stove (on the right) in which the wood is burning. What you do on a winter morning it sitting on it and let your bum warm up. The rooms is usually messy, but nice because of the wood everywhere.



This is the kitchen, always very messy because my father is not home very evening and rarely has time to keep everything tidy. Still, it's a lot better than Hillhead (Rajah is not there, thank God!) and I like sitting there eating.



This is the living room of my mother, who is living in a village about 10 kilometres away from my father. She is living with her boyfriend and my younger sister, who is spending half of the week with my father though.



This is my mom, my sisters Laura and Anna, and Moritz, my mother's boyfriend's son. The back garden is huge and full of my mother's sculptures (I'll make another post with them soon!)



This game is called Kop, which is, as far as I now, the Swedish word for 'King'. There are two teams trying to hit the other teams pieces of wood with other pieces of wood. Sounds boring, but is great fun as a family game on a summer evening.

That's all there is to say! I'll make a post again soon, don't worry Henriikka!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've just come back from america (in one piece luckily) and I'm really glad to be back in Europe. Looking at the pictures of a place where Lukas, a few other friends and me had so much fun when we were in school together really makes me homesick, but I've only one more month to do here until I'll finally get home again as well.

Have you been to Spain yet or when are you leaving?

Have a very nice time

Claudia :-)

moi.elise said...

Hi Lukas!

I like both houses a lot. They are so cosy...:) And the green heater is just great. We have a water heater at home too, but ours has an ugly grey tank and the stove is ugly too compared to your father's. I think I'll make a post about my house too... Or about my houses. Can I copy you? But not before you come, just in case you don't like them and you decide to stay at home...

Besos,
Elisa

Henriikka said...

(when I have time to leave a comment, that means you are uploading too seldom..no, only joking)
It's very nice of you to make your blog, but I feel a bit embarrased that you mentioned me. Of course you can make your blog when you feel like it. I hope you don't feel pressured anymore =)
If I had even one photo of Rajah, I would have added him to your kitchen, it looks so empty without him. oh no I remember him singing now and "Angels" being blasting off to the entire Hillhead..(Aladdin is now totally ruined forever for me, because I remember that Yasmin's tiger was called Rajah. Why am I so traumatised when I didn't even live with him?)
Oh yes, I'm not sure about Kop meaning anything in Swedish, at least king is kung. I'll continue my blog tour..Hejdå!

karuchan said...

That's right: does anyone have a foto of Rajah?!?!!??! I would like to make a poster and send it to Lukas! No, joking!! But actually I would at least like to remember his face! Do you remember the night in which he almost kills you all??? It's funny now, but... God!

Take care guys ;) I miss you!

Alena said...

Hi Lukas, very nice place. It should be nice to grow up here. The dinner there looks good.I have one question, could you write me(A.Korberova@seznam.cz) or here where you bought in Aberdeen this small bread in the paper pack? I was tried to find and nothing. Please - help me.