
There are some traditions we follow on Easter, though they were more fun when we were children. The first tradition is to paint eggs, as those you can see here. Well, we don't really paint them, but take some plants or onions skins to wrap them in and then cook them in coloured water. That's how they get their peculiar colour from.
A second tradition, that we did not do this year, is finding chocolate bunnies and chocolate eggs in the garden, which the Easter bunny (or, as we some day found out, our parents) put somewhere for us. So Easter is basically another excuse to eat a lot of chocolate and it was not different this year.

With Easter, summer came to Switzerland. We already had temperatures of 25 degrees and more, which is quite unusual here for that time of the year. I went running in the forest a lot, and I really discovered again how much I like to be surrounded by nature. Only the river is still around 13° and too cold to take a bath in. 3 more degrees and I will go! This is the view from our balcony in the evening. Yes, that is what is gonna be great about summer: the balcony. We already had dinner out there, although it's really, really small. But as our last flat did not have one, I am quite excited about it.

So Easter and the last weeks were very nice. Only that from time to time I remembered what happened a year ago. We were in Edinburgh, had a lot of picknicks in the park, started laying outside our flats on the green Hillhead lawn with the rabbits and started having more and more nice dinners together. So however nice life is at the moment, it just can't be as nice as last year - I would need you for that.
1 comment:
Oh, that's nice, man. We also used to paint eggs in Easter. And also bake an Easter cake, called "mona", which is like sweet bread and sometimes has a hard-boiled egg on top and can be shaped like bunnies, crocodiles, plaits... Oh, it seems we gave up all traditions a couple of years ago.
Anyway, you're right. Easter will never be the same after Erasmus. :(
Unless we make a meeting in Easter!
Besitos,
Elisa
Post a Comment